[webFCA Training] How to Use the Subpage Hero Unit Code Generator
1. You have to be using the latest version of the Joshua template (actually right now you have to be beta testing the latest version to use the subpage hero unit code generator. Everyone is welcome to beta test it!). If you aren't, click here and fill out the form on that page (In the comments say that you want to beta test the subpage code generator). We will update your site. ***If you've updated to the latest version of Joshua and it's still not working, click here to send me an email.
2. You have to have the right page template selected. You can choose any of these three:
3. Go to http://dev.fca.org/joshuatools/subpage-hero-unit-code-generator. Follow the instructions and click SUBMIT. It may take some time for you to get everything together that you need. For example, you need to know what background image or Youtube video you want, if any. Don't hesitate to give it a try, even if you don't have everything you need right away. You can even try it if you're only filling out one field. You can always come back and do it again.
4. After you've entered your info into the code generator and clicked SUBMIT, you have to copy the output code and then paste that code into the settings of the page that you want it to apply to. Go to the page you want to the settings to apply to, and click on the gear icon to go to the settings:
Then click on the ADVANCED tab:
Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and paste the code into the HTML HEAD box:
Then click SAVE MY CHANGES.
5. You should be redirected to the page that you're applying the changes to, where you should see your changes! It's always a good idea to look at your page in another browser where you're not logged in, and also to check it on mobile to make sure it looks good.
Posted on Tue, March 22, 2016
by Grant Yost