[webFCA Training] How to Use the Homepage Hero Unit Code Generator
1. You have to be using the latest version of the Joshua template. If you aren't, click here and fill out the form on that page. We will update your site. ***If you've updated to the latest version of Joshua and it's still not working, click here to send me an email.
2. Go to http://dev.fca.org/joshuatools/homepage-hero-unit-code-generator. Follow the instructions and click SUBMIT. It may take some time to get everything together that you need. For example, you need to know what background image or Youtube video you want, if any. If you want to create a call to action, you need to know what you are going to link it to. Don't hesitate to give it a try, even if you don't have everything you need right away. You can even try it if you're only filling out one field, the heading for example (if you only need to change the heading on your site). You can always come back and do it again.
3. After you've entered your info into the code generator and clicked SUBMIT, you have to copy the output code and then paste that code into the settings on your website. Here are some screenshots to help with that:
4. Click UPDATE at the bottom.
5. You should be redirected to your homepage, where you should see your changes! It's always a good idea to look at your homepage in another browser where you're not logged in, and also to check it on mobile to make sure it looks good.
Posted on Tue, March 22, 2016
by Grant Yost